Families of Navy SEALS Killed Question Motives/Invited Iman Damns Those Killed
On May 9, 2013, three families of Navy SEAL Team VI and one family of an Army National Guardsman, service members killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan on August 6, 2011, held a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.. Topics covered in the conference were:
1. How President Obama and Vice President Biden, having disclosed on May 4, 2011, that Navy Seal Team VI carried out the successful raid on Bin Laden’s compound resulting in the master terrorist’s death, put a retaliatory target on the backs of the fallen heroes.
2. How and why high-level military officials sent these Navy SEAL Team VI heroes into battle without special operations aviation and proper air support.
3. How and why middle-level military brass carries out too many ill-prepared missions to boost their standing with top-level military brass and the Commander-in-Chief in order that they can be promoted.
4. How the military restricts special operations servicemen and others from engaging in timely return fire when fired upon by the Taliban and other terrorist groups and interests, thus jeopardizing the servicemen’s lives.
5. How and why the denial of requested pre-assault fire may have contributed to the shoot down of the Navy SEAL Team VI helicopter and the death of these special operations servicemen.
6. How Afghani forces accompanying the Navy SEAL Team VI servicemen on the helicopter were not properly vetted and how they possibly disclosed classified information to the Taliban about the mission, resulting in the shoot down of the helicopter.
7. How military brass, while prohibiting any mention of a Judeo-Christian God, invited a Muslim cleric to the funeral for the fallen Navy SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning them as infidels to Allah. A video of the Muslim cleric’s “prayer” will be shown with a certified translation.
The focus of the conference centered around the claim that the White House publicity, following the bin Laden raid, by President Obama made SEAL Team VI a Taliban target for revenge. Military officials were also criticized for having dangerous policies that placed those killed at a level of unnecessary risk.
Doug Hamburger, whose son Patrick was one of those killed, called the incident an “ambush” that could have been prevented. Fox news quoted Hamburger:
“We’re very concerned that the administration had disclosed that the Navy SEALs had carried out a successful attack on bin Laden’s compound resulting in his death. And you know, never before in the history of our county (had) a sitting president released that type of information to the public, especially when he was talking about special forces. Their names and their missions had never been revealed before. And we really feel that this put our guys in an unnecessary risk.”
Report: Muslim cleric invited to pray over fallen SEALs damns them during service
From Washington Times
By Jessica Chasmar, May 9, 2013
The families of Navy SEALs killed in an August 2011 shoot-down of a helicopter in Afghanistan spoke at a press conference Thursday morning, citing a number of grievances, including an allegation that the Pentagon invited a Muslim cleric who “disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen.”
In addition to blasting the Obama administration for the mission and for an official investigation they deemed a cover-up, the families complained that “military brass, while prohibiting any mention of a Judeo-Christian God, invited a Muslim cleric to the funeral for the fallen Navy SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning them as infidels to Allah.”
Jihad Watch also referred to the cleric’s sermon, including the video reported to have a certified captioned translation of the sermon:
Muslim cleric invited to pray over fallen SEALs damns them to hell during service
More fruit of the Obama Administration’s willful ignorance regarding Islam.
This is what the imam was quoting: “Not equal are the companions of the Fire and the companions of Paradise. The companions of Paradise – they are the attainers [of success].If We had sent down this Qur’an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah. And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought.” — Qur’an 59:20-21
COMMENTS/ANALYSIS: President Obama’s parading of Seal Team IV as part of his victory lap was a major break from past policies of keeping Special Operations where they belong – primarily in “the black”. His actions most likely impacted operational security (OPSEC) on many levels. The unfortunate reality is the increased use of Special Forces in recent contingencies has placed them in the sights of the media, resulting in over-exposure to the public – an undesirable situation.
The iman issue is another example of politicians/policy-makers attempting to be politically correct with absolutely no idea/concept of the price paid by their ignorance. Once again, a platform was provided to proclaim Islamic superiority over the “infidels” in front of an unsuspecting audience. The current, as well as past, U.S. administration have maintained policies of embracing Islamists in some misguided belief that they will be won over – ignoring ever increasing evidence that this will never happen.